1. What is the difference between Smart and Connect Series?
Smart Series represents the latest Lightwave devices launched after October 2017. They are called Smart as they require the new generation of the Lightwave hub the 'Link Plus' in order to operate. Pre-existing devices are referred to as Connect and can work with the original Lightwave Link or the new Link Plus.
2. What are the main new features of the Smart Series products?
Smart Series features Apple HomeKit compatibility, built-in energy monitoring for Sockets L42, wire-free 2-way switching and 2-way communication. They will be also able to receive updates over the air, so more new features will be rolled out over time.
3. Will Connect Series devices work with the new generation Link Plus?
Yes, Connect Series devices can be controlled using the Link Plus through the Lightwave mobile and web apps. Connect Series will still be able to be controlled by Amazon Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT.
4. Are Connect Series devices Apple HomeKit compatible?
The following devices in the Connect Series are Apple HomeKit compatible as they run on 869MHz radio Frequency:
- Home Thermostat (LW921)
- Radiator Valve (LW922)
- Electric Switch (LW934)
Unfortunately, all other devices are not compatible with Apple HomeKit. This is due to a hardware requirement imposed by Apple that all HomeKit compatible devices must have two-way communication. Since our Connect Series devices were engineered with one-way communication, they are not eligible for HomeKit certification and therefore will cannot be controlled using Apple HomeKit.
5. Will Smart Series devices work with the Connect Series link?
No, Smart Series cannot be controlled by the original Lightwave Link.
6. Which app do I use to control my Smart Series devices?
Please use the new iOS app, Lightwave Link Plus, to control your Smart Series devices. You can also control Connect Series devices through this app.
7. Should I use the Lightwave App or Apple HomeKit to control my Smart Series products?
If you have a mixture of Connect and Smart Series products, we recommend using the new Lightwave Link Plus app. If you would like to control Smart Series devices alongside other HomeKit enabled accessories, we recommend using the Apple Home app, however you will need to use the Lightwave app initially to setup Lightwave and configure settings.
8. Where can I find out more about Apple HomeKit?
Please see this article on Apple's website regarding setting up and operating HomeKit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207057
9. Do I need to replace all my Connect Series devices with Smart Series devices?
No, Connect Series products will still be completely functional and will continue to be supported by Lightwave.
10. Will Lightwave offer a buy-back programme for current customers to upgrade to Smart Series products?
There are currently no plans to offer a buy-back programme for Connect Series products.
11. Can Smart Series products receive firmware updates over the air?
Yes, Smart Series products have the ability to receive updates over the air.
12. What is 2-way communication?
2-way communication allows a user to see the status of their devices through the app. For example, when a user opens the app, they can see if a dimmer or a socket is currently on or off. If the physical device is operated, you can see this on the app.
13. What other Smart Series devices are in development?
Smart Series versions of many of our existing product range are under development. However, at this time, we are not able to disclose when these products will be released. If you would like to stay updated on when new products will be released, please sign up for our newsletter.
14. Where can I buy Smart Series products?
Smart Series products will be available to be purchased at the following: apple.com/uk, lightwaverf.com, Apple Retail stores in the UK and UAE, and selected other retailers. We have also introduced new EU dimmers that can be purchased from any Apple premium stores or directly from the EU apple website.